Pregnancy has its gifts as well as its curse. It gives every woman to bring into life what his other counterpart cannot do. Pregnancy allows her to experience pregnancy glows that make her skin, nail, and hair to look gloriously beautiful. Her condition also gives her the freedom to do much of what she wants to do and how she wants them to be done. She becomes a queen ready to give an order that others are so willing to do.
Even with all these and other benefits of pregnancy, any expecting woman will also feel the need for emotional, physical, and social support. This is because there are a number of challenges that she has to overcome throughout her pregnancy. And it does not end once she gives birth to her child.
Meeting The Demands Of Pregnancy
Even before you get pregnant, you understand that such condition will require a lot from you. So, you make the necessary planning and adjustments to meet the expected demands. There are times that those needs are not actually realized until you see the baby inside your tummy starts growing at a rapid pace, however. That’s especially true with first-time moms. That is the only time that you may think that changes with everything else (including your wardrobe) may not be sufficient enough to meet the demands of your developing baby.
You will experience visible (and not so visible) changes along with your condition. Most of your concerns may be treated either by over the counter or prescribed medications. However, there are specific issues that you can just deal by slightly modifying the things that you are currently using.
With pregnancy comes a lot of pains — lower back pain, leg pain, round ligament pain, and so on. All these may be due to the fact that the baby inside your tummy is growing fast. Your body responds by stretching or expanding. Your muscles follow the contours of your expanding belly. Together with the added weight, your muscles, joints, and a weak central core create a tension and cause these sudden and intermittent painful conditions.
A Cost-effective Means To Lessen Pregnancy Pains
Thanks to an amazing pregnancy belt or belly band, these painful conditions may be easily relieved. A belly band is worn right under the abdomen to provide a gentle support to the baby belly and the lower back.
Here are some other amazing things that you need to know why you should wear a maternity support belt.
- With a pregnancy support belt, pregnancy-related pain may be easily relieved. A lot of pregnant women can understand these kinds of pain. Its one of the challenges that a pregnant mom has to deal with even from the early part of her pregnancy. It can be so frustrating at times as it seems the pain just won’t go away even when you have already followed the recommendations of your doctor.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to eliminate if not alleviate the pain. Wearing belly band provides support to the abdominals as it takes pressure off the lower back. This eases the typical uneasy feelings brought about by pregnancy.
Belly bands also cover and assists your core area. Thus, providing help with round ligament pain, a hernia, Symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD), and pelvic pressure.
Wearing pregnancy belly band during pregnancy may help support your lower back and baby belly while doing your daily activities. As a result, you will feel lesser pain where you usually feel it. This happens as the belly support band relieves the pressure and the tension around ligaments.
- Pregnancy belly bands provide gentle compression while you do your regular activities.
The belly band that provides the same level of comfort and compression to the uterus like how a brassier provides support to the breasts. Wearing a belly band reduces discomfort during physical activities as it provides support like a sports brassiere.
- Wearing pregnancy belly bands encourages the expectant mother to maintain a good posture. Wearing one of these ingenious maternity accessories sends gentle cues to the body to correct its posture. With the extra weight that the expectant mother carries, her body automatically responds by overextending or slouching as this make her feel better. However, with the belly band around your abdomen, you are unconsciously and constantly reminded of your posture.
- With a pregnancy belly band, it will be easier for you to engage in pregnancy-related activities. Even your doctor will attest to the benefits of exercising not only when you are not pregnant.
When you do your regular exercises, you help your core muscles to be strengthened and be ready for labor. It also increases your physical endurance and lessens the risk of hypertension, depression, as well as diabetes. However, there are so many expecting mothers who may feel that they are not fit enough to do even simple exercises. Some even quit working because of the discomfort that they experience during their pregnancy.
As mentioned earlier, wearing a pregnancy belt will dramatically decrease any discomfort or pain that you may experience, though. As a result, you can engage in and enjoy more activities. This will be physically and financially beneficial to you.
- Pregnancy belly bands may also be worn after giving birth. Your muscles, especially your core muscles, weaken after you give birth. It will take some time for them to return to their original position after they heal. Wearing a belly band can help alleviate any discomfort. It can also assist in healing any separations of the abdominal muscles. Finally, it can help a new mother to get back on their feet after giving birth.
Pregnancy belly band is a handy helper during and after pregnancy. It can make your pregnancy a lot easier. However, you need to limit its use so that it won’t be difficult for you to keep them after your pregnancy. It is best that you let it around your belly for only up to three hours. However, if you have a more difficult condition, you will need to ask for your doctor’s recommendation.